3 . I n s t a l l a t i o n
Thank you for purchasing this Acoustic Energy product. As a valued customer
we would like to keep you up to date with all news and events including new
products, exhibitions and exclusive promotions. To enable us to communicate
these exciting developments please go to our website - www.acoustic-energy.co.uk
- and complete the ownership registration form.
Perhaps more than any other hi-fi product, speakers are sensitive to installation
so please take a little time to read this manual and to follow, as far as practical,
the installation guidelines it contains. Careful installation will help ensure that
your Aegis Neo Subwoofer performs optimally. Should you have any questions not
covered here we are happy to try and answer them either by telephone or email.
Contact information can be found in Section 10.
The Aegis Neo Subwoofer is a relatively delicate
precision engineered product that can be damaged
by inappropriate handling. It is also large and heavy.
Please take great care therefore when unpacking or
moving it. Plan any handling in advance of carrying
it out - ideally with a second person to help. Please
take care when unpacking or moving the subwoofer
not to touch the driver. Damage to a driver will at best
degrade the Aegis Neo Subwoofer’s performance and
at worst result in its complete failure.
The enclosure surfaces should also be handled
sympathetically. Any cleaning should only require a
soft cloth, slightly dampened if necessary. Do not use
any polishes or solvent based cleaning agents.
The packaging should be retained for future use.
1 . I n t r o d u c t i o n
2 . H a n d l i n gImportant Safety Instructions
Ensure that your Aegis Neo Subwoofer is set to the appropriate mains input voltage before it is connected to a mains socket. The warranty does not cover damage caused by incorrect mains voltage.
1. Read these instructions.
2. Keep these instructions.
3. Heed all warnings.
4. Follow all instructions.
5. Do not use this apparatus near water.
6. Clean only with dry cloth.
7. Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
8. Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
9. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the grounding-type plug. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The third prong is provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
10. Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
11. Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
12. Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
13. Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
14. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
15. The apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing and that no objects filled with liquids, such as vases, shall be placed on the apparatus.
16. The MAINS plug is used as the disconnect device, the disconnect device shall remain readily operable.
17. To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this apparatus to rain or moisture.
Following this introduction, the Manual is divided into
sections covering handling, installation, positioning,
connecting, controls and system setup, specifications,
matching products, warranty and contact information.
We recommend that you read at least the first six of
these sections carefully before installing and using
your Aegis Neo Subwoofer. We would also draw your
attention to the Important Safety Instructions on this
Finally, please enjoy your Aegis Neo Subwoofer, but
remember it is capable of generating high volume
levels of low frequency sound, so please also be
considerate of your neighbours.