Thank you for purchasing this Acoustic Energy product. As a valued customer
we would like to keep you up to date with all news and events including new
products, exhibitions and exclusive promotions. To enable us to communicate
these exciting developments please go to our website - www.acoustic-energy.co.uk
- and complete the ownership registration form.
Perhaps more than any other professional audio product, monitors are sensitive
to installation so please take a little time to read this manual and to follow, as far
as practical, the installation guidelines it contains. Careful installation will help
ensure that your monitors perform optimally.
This manual covers both the Active and Passive variants of the AE22. Following this
introduction, the Manual is divided into sections covering installation, positioning,
passive connection, active connection, active controls, listening, specifications,
warranty and contact information. We recommend that you read at least the first
six sections carefully before installing and using your AE22s. In the case of the
AE22 Active please also read the Important Safety Instructions below.
AE22s are intended to be used mounted horizontally
either on a mixing-desk meter-bridge or on
speaker floor-stands in relative proximity to the
rear room boundary. Alternative, on-wall, mounting
arrangements such as wall brackets are possible
although these may result in less consistent
performance. If brackets are to be used they should be
as rigid as possible and firmly attached to brick-built
The construction style, rigidity and dimensions of
the floor-stands are of critical significance to the
performance of the AE22. Stands should broadly follow
the specification below. Your retailer or distributor will
be able to offer advice.
Recommended Floor-stand Specification.
Construction Style: Direct coupled pillared.
Mass Loading: Preferred.
Overall height: As appropriate for AE22
tweeter to be at head
height when seated.
Top plate Dimensions
Minimum width: 230 mm
Maximum width: 330 mm
Minimum depth: 200 mm
Maximum depth: 290 mm
Top plate interface: Direct coupled tri-point
Floor interface: Floor spikes (M6
1 . I n t r o d u c t i o n
Important Safety Instructions
Ensure that your AE22 Active is set to the appropriate mains input voltage before it is connected to a mains socket. The warranty does not cover damage caused by incorrect mains voltage.
. Read these instructions.
2. Keep these instructions.
3. Heed all warnings.
4. Follow all instructions.
5. Do not use this apparatus near water.
6. Clean only with dry cloth.
7. Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
8. Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
9. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the grounding-type plug. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The third prong is provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
0. Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience
receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
. Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
2. Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the
manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
3. Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long
periods of time.
4. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus
has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
5. The apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing and that no objects filled with
liquids, such as vases, shall be placed on the apparatus.
6. The MAINS plug is used as the disconnect device, the disconnect device shall remain
7. To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this apparatus to rain or moisture.
2 . I n s t a l l a t i o n
3 . P o s i t i o n i n g
The AE22 is both a heavy and a relatively delicate
precision engineered product that can be damaged
by inappropriate handling. Please take care when
unpacking or moving the monitors not to touch either
of the drivers. Damage to a driver will at best degrade
performance and at worst result in complete failure.
The packaging should be retained for future use.