1 3 Installation and Positioning
2 4 Wall Brackets
3 5 Connections and Amplifiers
4 6 Controls and System Setup
5 7 Specifications
5 8 Warranty
5 9 Contact Acoustic Energy
3 . I n s t a l l a t i o n a n d P o s i t i o n i n g
Welcome to Aego-T. Perhaps more than any
other audio-visual product, speakers are sensitive
to installation so please take a little time to read
this manual and to follow, as far as practical,
the installation guidelines it contains. Careful
installation will help ensure that your Aego-T
system performs optimally. Should you have any
questions not covered here we are happy to try
and answer them either by telephone or email.
Contact information can be found in Section 11.
Following this introduction, the Manual is divided
into sections covering Handling, Installation
and Positioning, Wall Brackets, Connections
and Amplifiers, Controls and System Setup,
Specifications, Warranty and Contact Information.
We suggest that you read at least the first six
sections carefully before installing and using your
Aego-T system. We would also draw your attention
to the Important Safety Instructions on this page.
Finally, please enjoy your Aego-T system, but
remember it is capable of generating high volume
levels of low frequency sound, so please also be
considerate of your neighbours.
Aego-T comprises relatively delicate precision
engineered items that can be damaged by
inappropriate handling. They are also heavy and
in the case of the subwoofer large. Please take
great care therefore when unpacking, moving and
installing them. Please take care when unpacking
or moving the speakers not to touch any of the
drivers beneath the fabric grilles. Damage to a
driver will at best degrade performance and at
worst result in failure.
The enclosure surfaces should also be handled
sympathetically. Any cleaning should only require a
soft cloth, slightly dampened if necessary. Be wary
of using any polishes or solvent based cleaning
The packaging should be retained for future use if
possible or appropriately re-cycled.
C o n t e n t s
1 . I n t r o d u c t i o n
2 . H a n d l i n g
Important Safety Instructions
Ensure that your Aego-T Subwoofer is set to the appropriate mains input voltage before it is connected to a mains socket. The warranty does not cover damage caused by incorrect mains voltage. The grilles are designed to protect the drive units from damage and should not be removed.
1. Read these instructions.
2. Keep these instructions.
3. Heed all warnings.
4. Follow all instructions.
5. Do not use this apparatus near water.
6. Clean only with dry cloth.
7. Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
8. Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
9. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the grounding-type plug. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The third prong is provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
10. Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
11. Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
12. Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
13. Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
14. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
15. The apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing and that no objects filled with liquids, such as vases, shall be placed on the apparatus.
16. The MAINS plug is used as the disconnect device, the disconnect device shall remain readily operable.
17. To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this apparatus to rain or moisture.