1001 Perry Street • Algoma, Wisconsin 54201
920.487.5221 • 1.800.678.8910 • FAX 920.487.3636
www.algomahardwoods.com • sales
1. Product Name.Univar®Catalyzed Liquid Finish; meets or exceeds the performance characteristics of AWI
2. Product description. Basic Use–Univar provides a durable finish for interior use on architectural hardwood doors.
Limitations–Univar is not recommended for use in wet or highly humid areas. It is not an exterior finish.
Composition and Materials–Univar is a clear, liquid finish consisting of 100% solids UV curable system catalyzed
material that is factory applied to properly prepared hardwood surfaces.
Color–Univar is a clear finish that retains, protects and enhances the natural beauty of wood surfaces. It is also
available factory stained to vary the natural wood color.
Finish–Univar is available in a gloss range of 10 to 80 as measured by a Gardner Glossmeter with a 60 degree head.
3. Technical Data. Univar has been tested in comparison with AWI Section 5 performance specifications.
4. Protection. Univar is applied at the factory to wood surfaces under controlled conditions. At the job site, Univar
surfaced doors should be protected from physical damage and stored on-site in a dry location. Products factory finished .
5. Guarantee. Algoma Hardwoods, Inc. warrants that Univar will perform in accordance with AWI section 1500, system TR-6 specifications.
6. Maintenance. In normal use, Univar finishes require little maintenance. If the Univar surface becomes soiled, it can be
cleaned by use of a damp cloth.
If the Univar surface should become damaged, it can be repaired by use of conventional furniture repair techniques.
In time, as with any high quality commercial product, it may be desirable to refinish the Univar surface. If this is done,
care should be taken to select a quality compatible finish and apply it in strict accordance to manufacturer’s
7. Technical Services. For specific technical assistance, please write, call 800-678-8910 or email us at
[email protected] Representatives are available to consult regarding proper factory finishes for
specific applications, as well as other product information.
Fa ctor y Finishes