Overview of programmes a Refer to the table of consumption values on page 8 and notes on page 6. Programmes °C max. Type of laundry
Additional functions; informationÙïòóòî
( c Cottons)
30, 40, 60, 90 °C
5 kgHard-wearing fabrics, heat-resistant fabrics made
of cotton or linen
ø ×úõè /ðõúíõùðêõè
( ø Intensive Stains)
30, 40, 60 °C
2.5 kgEasy-care fabrics made of cotton, linen, synthetic
fibres or blended fabrics
c Åÿõöôä õöìô -
îä /õðéüäññòé (c
40 °C Fabrics made of cotton or easy-care fabrics
different types of laundry can be washed together
Öòñîòé åéï ccccccccccc
2 kgFor delicate, washable fabrics, e.g. made of silk,
satin, synthetic fibres or blended fabrics (e.g. cur-
No spin between rinse cycles
30 °C Hand
ä or machine-washable fabrics made of wool
or containing wool Particularly gentle wash programme to prevent shrinkage
laundry. Longer programme breaks (fabrics rest in the detergent
Additional programmes Óòïòõîäñìé ( Rinse) , Òöêìð(Spin) , Õïìæ > (Drain > )
‘ Programmes without prewash - add detergent to compartment II, programmes with prewash - distribute the detergent betwe en compartments I and II.
0110 / 9000515509
Robert Bosch Hausgeräte GmbH
81739 München / Germany
– Read the instruction manual and installation instr uctions and all other information enclosed
with the washing machine and act accordingly.
– Retain the documents for subsequent use.
Risk of electric shock – Never pull the cable to disconnect the mains plug.
– Never insert/disconnect the mains plug with damp h ands.
Danger to lifeFor worn-out appliances:
– Disconnect the mains plug.
– Sever the mains cable and discard along with the p lug.
– Destroy the lock on the washing machine door. This will prevent
children from locking themselves in and risking the ir lives.
Danger of suffocation– Keep packaging, film and packaging parts out of th e reach of
Risk of poisoning – Keep detergents and care products out of the reach of children.
Risk of explosion– Items of laundry pretreated with cleaning agents co ntaining
solvents, e.g. stain remover/cleaning solvent may c ause an
explosion after being loaded into the washing machi ne.
Rinse items of laundry thoroughly by hand beforehan d.
Risk of injury– The washing machine door can become very hot.
– Be careful when draining hot detergent solution.
– Do not climb onto the washing machine.
– Do not lean on the open washing machine door.
– Do not reach into the drum if it is still rotating .
– Be careful when opening the detergent drawer while the machine
is in operation.
Programme Load Electricity
Ýóö÷öò (c Cottons) 30 °C* 5 kg 0.31 kWh 54 l 100 min
Ýóö÷öò (c Cottons) 40 °C* 5 kg 0.55 kWh 54 l 100 min
Ýóö÷öò (c Cottons) 60 °C* 5 kg 0.80 kWh 54 l 115 min
Ýóö÷öò (c Cottons) 60 °C
÷úõè /ðõúíõùðêõè (ø Intensive
Stains)* 5 kg 0.85 kWh 41 l 175 min
Ýóö÷öò (c Cottons) 90 °C 5 kg 1.90 kWh 61 l 110 min
Ùðõúíúðòè (Easy-Care ) 40 °C* 2.5 kg 0.45 kWh 50 l 75 min
Úöõòöí éíó e c (Delicates ) 30 °C 2 kg 0.30 kWh 55 l 50min
ÿ àíøùú (ÿü Wool ) 30 °C 2 kg 0.20 kWh 35 l 55 min
* Programme setting for testing in accordance with valid standard EN60456/IEC60456.
** The values deviate from the indicated values dependin g on water pressure, hardness, and inlet temperature, ambient
temperature, type, amount and soiling of the laundry, de tergent used, fluctuations in the power supply and selected
Before washing for the first time
Do not load any laundry into the machine. Turn on t he tap. Add the following to compartment
– approx. 1 litre water
– detergent (dosage according to the manufacturers instructions for light soiling and the
appropriate degree of water hardness)
Set the programme selector to À×ÜáÔá×ÙÏc(Easy-Care) 60 °C and select Start . At the
end of the programme, turn the programme selector t o ±êÙÚ . (Off) .
Machine housing, control panel
– Wipe with a soft, damp cloth.
– Do not use any abrasive cloths, scourers or cleani ng agents (stainless steel cleaners).
– Remove detergent and cleaning agent residue immedi ately.
– Do not clean with a jet of water.
Cleaning the detergent drawer ...
... if it contains detergent or fabric softener res idues.
1. Pull out, press insert down, remove drawer complete ly.
2. To remove the insert: press the insert upwards from below with your
3. Clean the detergent dispenser tray and insert with w ater and a brush and
4. Attach the insert and engage (connect the cylinder to the guide pin).
5. Push in the detergent drawer.
Leave the detergent drawer open so that any residua l water can
Leave the washing machine door open so that the dru m can dry out.
Rust stains - use chlorine-free cleaning agent, not steel wool.
Descaling Ensure there is no laundry in the machine
Descale the appliance according to the descaler man ufacturers instructions. This should not
be necessary if the correct dosage of detergent is used.
Information to indicator lights
Indicator lights for status displays flash:
Àá×ßÙÏ (Wash) and
¾ÝÚÝàÙÏÜ×Ô (Rinse)Close the washing machine door properly; laundry may
Wash and ÝáÕ×Û
( Spin) – Open the tap completely.
– Supply hose kinked or trapped.
– Clean the filter
a page 10 , Water pressure too low.
and ÝáÕ×Û (Spin) Detergent solution pump blocked; Clean the detergent
a page 10.
Drainage hose/waste pipe blocked; Clean the drainage hose at the siphon
a page 10 .
–Risk of electric shock. Disconnect the mains plug.
– Risk of explosion. No solvents.
Detergent solution pump
Turn the programme selector to ±êÙÚ. (Off) and disconnect the mains
1. Remove the service flap for detergent solution pump .
2. Carefully unscrew the pump cover (residual water).
3. Clean the interior, pump cover thread and pump housi ng (the impeller in
the detergent solution pump must rotate).
4. Replace the pump cover and screw it tightly.
5. Place the service flap back.
To prevent unused detergent from flowing straight i nto the drain during the next wash:
Pour 1 litre of water into compartment II and start the ÀÚ×Ñ > (Drain > ) programme.
Drainage hose at the siphon
Turn the programme selector to ±êÙÚ . (Off) and disconnect the mains
1. Loosen the hose clamp, carefully remove the drainag e hose
2. Clean the drainage hose and siphon connecting piece.
3. Reattach the drainage hose and secure the connectio n with the hose
Filter in the water supply
Risk of electric shock
Do not immerse the HydroSafe safety device in water (contains an electric valve).
Reduce the water pressure in the supply hose:
1. Turn off the tap.
2. Select any programme (except ÝáÕ×Û (Spin) / ÀÚ×Ñ > (Drain > )).
3. Select Start . Let the programme run for approximately 40 second s.
4. Turn the programme selector to ±êÙÚ. (Off). Disconnect the mains plug.
5. Clean the filter:
Disconnect the hose from the tap.
Clean the filter using a small brush.
and/or for Standard and Aqua-Secure models:
Remove the hose on the rear of the appliance,
Remove the filter with pliers and clean.
6. Connect the hose and check the leak tightness of the
– Risk of scalding. Allow the
detergent solution to cool down.
– Turn off the tap.
What to do if ...
‘Water is leaking out. – Attach/replace the drainage h ose correctly.
– Tighten the screw connection of the supply hose.
‘No water supply.
Detergent not dispensed. –
Start not selected?
– Tap not turned on?
– Filter blocked? Clean the filter a page 10.
– Supply hose kinked or trapped?
‘Washing machine door
cannot be opened. – Safety function active. Wait approx. 2 minutes. –Is
(Rinse stop = without final spin) selected? –> page 1, 5.
‘Programme does not
– Washing machine door closed?
‘Detergent solution is not
drained. – Clean the detergent solution pump
a page 10.
– Clean the waste pipe and/or drainage hose. –
Is (Rinse stop = without final spin) selected? –> page 1, 5.
‘Water not visible in the
drum. – Not a fault - water below the visible area.
Laundry wet/too damp.– Not a fault - the unbalanced-load detection system
the spin cycle because of uneven distribution of th e laundry.
Distribute small and large items of laundry evenly inside the
‘Spin cycle performed
several times. – Not a fault - unbalanced load detection system adj
‘Residual water in the
compartment for care
products. – Not a fault - the action of the care product is no
– Clean the insert if necessary –> page 9.
‘Odour formation in the
washing machine. – Run programme
ÄÚÝÞÝÙ (c Cottons) 90 °C without
laundry. Use standard detergent.
‘Foam escaping from the
detergent drawer. – Too much detergent used?
If foam is escaping from the detergent drawer:
Mix 1 tablespoon of fabric softener with ½ litre of water and pour
into compartment II (not with outdoor or down fabrics).
– Reduce the detergent dosage for the next wash cycl e.
‘Intense noise formation,
“wandering” during the
spin cycle.– Are the appliance feet fixed?
Secure the appliance feet a Installation instructions .
– Transportation safety devices removed? Remove the transportation safety devices a Installation
‘Indicator lamps do not
operation. – Power cut?
– Fuses triggered? Reset/change the fuses.
– If the fault occurs repeatedly, call the after-sale
longer than usual.– Not a fault - unbalanced load detection system adj
imbalance by repeatedly distributing the laundry.
– Not a fault - foam detection system active - adds an additional
‘Detergent residues on
the laundry. – Occasionally, phosphate-free detergents contain wa
– Select ¾ÝÚÝàÙÏÜ×Ô (Rinse) or brush the laundry after washing.
If you cannot correct a fault yourself or a repair i s required:
– Turn the programme selector to ±êÙÚ. (Off) and remove the mains plug from the socket.
– Turn off the water supply and call the after-sales service a Installation instructions.
Observe the safety instructions on page 8.
Read these instructions and the separate installati on instructions
before operating the washing machine.