Tips on Using the Image Stabilizer
●The Image Stabilizer cannot compensate for a
blurred shot caused by a subject that moved.
● Set the STABILIZER switch to OFF when using the
camera on a tripod. If the switch is set to ON, the
Image Stabilizer may introduce errors.
● Set the STABILIZER switch to OFF when you are
taking pictures using the Bulb setting (long
exposures). If the STABILIZER switch is set to ON,
the image stabilizer function may introduce errors.
● The Image Stabilizer might not be fully effective in
the following cases:
•You shoot from a violently moving vehicle.
•Y ou move the camera dramatically for a panning
shot in Mode 1.
•Y ou shoot using techniques other than following
shots in Mode 2.
● The Image Stabilizer consumes more power than
normal shooting, so fewer shots can be taken if you
use the function.
● The image stabilizer operates for about two seconds
even when your finger is off the shutter button. Do
not remove the lens while the stabilizer is in
operation. This will cause a malfunction.
● With the EOS-1V/HS, 3, ELAN 7E/ELAN 7/30/33,
ELAN 7NE/ELAN 7N/30V/33V, ELAN II/ELAN II
E/50/50E, REBEL 2000/300, IX, IX Lite/IX7, and
D30, the Image Stabilizer will not work during self-
timer operation.●The stabilizer is equally effective for hand-held
photography and photography with a monopod.
● The image stabilizer function also operates when
the lens is used with an extension tube EF12 II or
● When using extender EF1.4× II/EF2×II, you can
use the Image Stabilizer with the following cameras:
EOS-1Ds Mark III, EOS-1Ds Mark II, EOS-1Ds,
EOS-1D Mark III, EOS-1D Mark II N, EOS-1D Mark
II, EOS-1D, EOS 40D, 30D, 20D, 20Da, 10D, 5D,
EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi/EOS 450D, EOS
DIGITAL REBEL XTi/400D DIGITAL, EOS DIGITAL
REBEL XT/350D DIGITAL, EOS DIGITAL
REBEL/300D DIGITAL, EOS D60, D30, EOS DCS1,
DCS3, D2000, D6000, EOS-1V/HS, EOS-
1N/DP/HS/RS, 3, ELAN 7E/ELAN 7/30/33, ELAN
7NE/ELAN 7N/30V/33V, ELAN II/ELAN II E/50/50E,
3000/88, REBEL XS/500, REBEL 2000/300, REBEL
T i/300V, REBEL T2/300X, REBEL K2/3000V, IX, IX
● Depending on the camera there may be image
shake, such as after releasing the shutter. However,
this does not affect shooting.
● If you set the camera’s Custom Function to change
the assigned button to operate the AF, the Image
Stabilizer will operate when you press the newly
assigned AF button.
02-7521_ENG 10.2.13 9:35 AM Page 9