CT1-8607-000 © CANON INC. 2015
● ❸2. Setting the Focus ModeTo shoot in autofocus (AF) mode, set the focus mode switch to AF ❷.
To shoot in manual focus (MF) mode, set the focus mode switch to MF, and turn
the focusing ring to set the focus
When the camera AF mode is ONE SHOT AF, focus manually by pressing
the shutter button halfway and turning the focusing ring. (Full-time manual
● When turning the focusing ring suddenly, the focus adjustment may be
● The focus cannot be adjusted in MF mode while the camera is off.● Do not touch the front rotating parts of the lens while autof ocus is active.
3. Hood (Sold Separately)The ES-68 hood can keep unwanted light out of the lens, and also protects the
lens from rain, snow, and dust.
To attach the hood, align the hood’s attachment position mark with the red dot
on the front of the lens, then turn the hood in the direction of the arrow until the
lens’s red dot is aligned with the hood’s stop position mark
To remove the hood, hold down the button on the side and turn the hood in the
direction of the arrow until the position mark on the hood aligns with the red dot
The hood can be reverse-mounted on the lens for storage.
● Part of the picture may be blocked if the hood is not attached properly.● When attaching or detaching the hood, gr asp the base of the hood to
turn it. To prevent deformation, do not grasp the rim of the hood to turn
● If the lens is attached to the camera with the hood re verse-mounted,
remove the hood before removing the lens from the camera.
4. Filters (Sold Separately)You can attach filters to the filter mounting thread (ø49 mm) on\
the front of the
Only one filter may be attached.
5. Extension Tubes (Sold Separately)You can attach extension tube EF12 II or EF25 II for magnified shots. For
shooting distance and magnification, see the extension tube specifications.
MF mode is recommended for accurate focusing.
● The lens length is measured from the mount surface to the front end of the
lens . Add 23.9 mm when including the lens cap and dust cap.
● The size and weight listed are for the lens only, except as indicated.● The extenders cannot be used with this lens.● The close-up lenses cannot be used with this lens. (The end of the lens will
become heavy, causing the focus to become unstable.)
● CASE (Sold Separately) LP1014● All data listed is measured according to Canon standards.● Product specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice .
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the
following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference,
and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference
that may cause undesired operation.
Do not make any changes or modifications to the equipment unless otherwise
specified in the instructions. If such changes or modifications should be made,
you could be required to stop operation of the equipment.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a class
B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules.
These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful
interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and
can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance
with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular
installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or
television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and
on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of
the following measures:
or relocate the receiving antenna.
the equipment and receiv
the equipment into an outlet on a circuit diff
from that to which the receiver is connected.
the dealer or an e
Specifications * Sold SeparatelyAngle of viewLens
magnification Min. focusing
distance Filter diameter Max. diameter and length Weight Hood* Lens Cap Case*
EF50mm f/1.8 STM 46° 27° 40° 5-6220.21x 0.35m/1.15ft 49mm 69.2x39.3mm (2.7”x1.6”) 160g/5.7oz. ES-68 E-49 LP1014
Extension Tube Specifications
(Sold Separately) Magnification
(X)Focusing Distance Range
EF50mm f/1.8 STM EF12 II
0.45-0.24 234-325 (9.2-12.8)
EF25 II 0.74-0.53 204-221 (8.0-8.7)