Tips on Using the Image Stabilizer
•The Image Stabilizer cannot compensate for a
blurred shot caused by a subject that moved.
• Set the STABILIZER switch to when you
are taking pictures using the Bulb setting (long
exposures). If the STABILIZER switch is set to
, the image stabilizer function may introduce
• The Image Stabilizer might not be fully effective
in the following cases:
• You move the camera for a panned shot.
• You shoot while riding on a bumpy road.
• Compared to using a normal non-IS lens, fewer
shots can be taken when you use an Image
Stabilizer lens because more power is
• The image stabilizer operates for about two
seconds even when your finger is off the shutter
button. Do not remove the lens while the
stabilizer is in operation. This will cause a
•W ith the EOS-1V/HS, 3, 30/33/Elan7/7E,
30V/33V/Elan7N/7NE, Elan ll/Elan ll E/50/50 E,
300/Rebel2000, IX, and D30, the Image
Stabilizer will not work during self-timer
• When you use a tripod, the Image Stabilizer
should be turned off to save battery power.
• The stabilizer is equally effective for hand-held
photography and photography with a monopod.
• The Image Stabilizer function also operates
when the lens is used with the EF12 II or EF25
II Extension Tube, and the EF1.4X II or EF2X II
• If you set the camera’s Custom Function to
change the assigned button to operate the AF,
the Image Stabilizer will operate when you press
the newly assigned AF button.