EF55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 USM
EF55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 II USM EF80-200mm f/4.5-5.6 USM
Ô _Ô (c
Thank you for purchasing a Canon product.
1. Do not look at the sun or a bright light source through
the lens or camera.
Doing so could result in loss of
vision. Looking at the sun directly through the lens is
2. Whether it is attached to the camera or not, do not
leave the lens under the sun without the lens cap
This is to prevent the lens from concentrating
the sun’s rays, which could cause a fire.
Handling CautionsIf the lens is taken from a cold environment into a warm
one, condensation may develop on the lens surface and
internal parts. To prevent condensation in this case, first
put the lens into an airtight plastic bag before taking it
from a cold to warm environment. Then take out the lens
after it has warmed gradually. Do the same when taking
the lens from a warm environment into a cold one.
1. Mounting and Detaching the LensSee your camera’s instructions for details on mounting
and detaching the lens.
• After detaching the lens, place the lens with the rear end up to prevent the lens surface and contacts from getting
• If the contacts get soiled, scratched, or have fingerprints on them, corrosion or faulty connections can result. The
camera and lens may not operate properly.
• If the contacts get soiled or have fingerprints on them, clean them with a soft cloth.
• If you remove the lens, cover it with the dust cap. To attach it properly, align the lens mount index and the
index of the dust cap as shown in diagram
^, and turn
clockwise. To remove it, reverse the order.
2. Setting the Focus Mode
To shoot in autofocus (AF) mode, set the focus mode switch
to AF a.
To shoot in manual focus (MF) mode, set the focus mode
switch to MF, and focus by turning the focusing ring.
• Do not touch the rotating parts of the lens while AF is active.
• Do not focus in MF when the focus mode switch is set to AF.
• When the hood (sold separately) is installed to the EF55- 200mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 II USM
and EF80-200mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, you can turn the hood
to adjust with MF.
To zoom, turn the lens’ zoom ring b.
• Be sure to finish zooming before focusing. Changing the zoom ring after focusing can affect the focus.
Ô ƒ Zoom ringÔ
„ Zoom position indexÔ
† Lens mount indexÔ
‡ Focus mode switchÔ
ˆ Focusing ring
EF Zoom Lenses
EF55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 USM
EF55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 II USM
EF80-200mm f/4.5-5.6 USM EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 II USM
EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM
EF90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM