● The shorter the subject distance from the
camera, the lesser the Image Stabilizer effect
● The Image Stabilizer cannot compensate for a
blurred shot caused by a subject that moved.
● Set the Image Stabilizer to OFF when you are
taking pictures using the Bulb setting (long
exposures). If the Image Stabilizer is set to ON,
the image stabilizer function may introduce
● The Image Stabilizer may not be fully effective
if you shoot from a violently shaking vehicle or
● The Image Stabilizer consumes more power
than normal shooting, resulting in fewer shots
and a shorter movie shooting time.●
● When shooting a still subject, it compensates for
camera shake in all directions.
● It compensates for vertical camera shake during
following shots in a horizontal direction, and
compensates for horizontal camera shake during
following shots in a vertical direction.
● When you use a tripod, the Image Stabilizer
should be turned off to save battery power.
● Even with a monopod, the Image Stabilizer will
be as effective as during hand-held shooting.
However, depending on the shooting conditions,
there are cases in which the Image Stabilizer
effect may be less effective.