can use the image stabilizer in AF or MF
This function provides optimal image stabilization
depending on shooting conditions (such as
shooting still subjects and following shots).
1 Set the STABILIZER switch to ON.
● If you are not going to use the image stabilizer
function, set the switch to OFF.
2 When you press the shutter button halfway,
the Image Stabilizer will start operating.
● Make sure the image in the viewfinder is stable,
then press the shutter button the rest of the way
down to take the picture.
● The Image Stabilizer cannot compensate for a
blurred shot caused by a subject that moved.
● The Image Stabilizer may not be fully effective
if you shoot from a violently shaking vehicle or
● The Image Stabilizer consumes more power
than normal shooting, resulting in fewer shots
and a shorter movie shooting time.
● When shooting a still subject, it compensates for
camera shake in all directions.
● It compensates for vertical camera shake during
following shots in a horizontal direction, and
compensates for horizontal camera shake during
following shots in a vertical direction.
● When you use a tripod, the Image Stabilizer
should be turned off to save battery power.
● Even with a monopod, the Image Stabilizer will
be as effective as during hand-held shooting.
However, depending on the shooting conditions,
there are cases in which the Image Stabilizer
effect may be less effective.
● The image stabilizer function also operates when the
lens is used with an Extension Tube EF12 II or EF25 II.
● The Image Stabilizer will operate even when you
press the button assigned to the AF function with
the camera’s Custom Functions.