Thank you for purchasing a Canon product.
The Canon EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II lens is
a high-performance standard zoom lens
developed for digital SLRs compatible with
It is equipped with an Image Stabilizer
effective for hand-held shooting at slow
1. The Image Stabilizer gives the equivalenteffect of a shutter speed four stops faster*.
This function provides optimal image
stabilization depending on shooting conditions
(such as shooting still subjects and following
2. Aspheric lens element for excellent imaging performance.
3. Great close-ups at 0.25 m/0.8 ft at all focal lengths.
4. A truly round aperture hole results in a nicer background blur.
*Based on [1/(focal length x 1.6)] second. Generally,
it requires a shutter speed [1/focal length] second or
faster to prevent camera shake (in 35mm format.
With an EF-S lens, it would be [1/(focal length x
Conventions used in this instruction
Warning to prevent lens or camera
malfunction or damage.
Supplementary notes on using the lens
and taking pictures.
¡“IS” stands for Image Stabilizer.
* As of March 2011, only the EOS 7D, EOS 60D, EOS 50D,
EOS 40D, EOS 30D, EOS 20D, EOS 20Da, EOS REBEL
T3i/600D, EOS REBEL T2i/550D, EOS REBEL T1i/500D,
EOS REBEL XSi/450D, EOS REBEL T3/1100D, EOS
REBEL XS/1000D, EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi/400D
DIGITAL, EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT/350D DIGITAL, and
EOS DIGITAL REBEL/300D DIGITAL are compatible with