Thank you for purchasing a Canon product.
1. The Image Stabilizer gives the equivalenteffect of a shutter speed four stops faster*.
This function provides optimal image
stabilization depending on shooting conditions
(such as shooting still subjects and following
2. UD lens elements for excellent imaging performance.
3. Great close-ups at 1.1 m/3.6 ft at all focal lengths.
4. A truly round aperture hole results in a nicer background blur.
*Based on [1/(focal length x 1.6)] second. Generally,
it requires a shutter speed [1/focal length] second or
faster to prevent camera shake (in 35mm format.
With an EF-S lens, it would be [1/(focal length x
Conventions used in this instruction
Warning to prevent lens or camera
malfunction or damage.
Supplementary notes on using the lens
and taking pictures.
The Canon EF-S55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II lens is a
high-performance telephoto zoom lens
equipped with an Image Stabilizer, and has
been developed for digital SLRs compatible
with EF-S lenses*.
It is equipped with an Image Stabilizer effective
for hand-held shooting at slow shutter speeds.
* Only the following cameras are compatible with EF-S
lenses (as of August 2012):
EOS 7D, EOS 60D, EOS 50D, EOS 40D, EOS 30D, EOS
20D, EOS 20Da, EOS REBEL T4i/650D, EOS REBEL
T3i/600D, EOS REBEL T2i/550D, EOS REBEL T1i/500D,
EOS REBEL XSi/450D, EOS REBEL T3/1100D, EOS
REBEL XS/1000D, EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi/400D
DIGITAL, EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT/350D DIGITAL, EOS
DIGITAL REBEL/300D DIGITAL
¡“IS” stands for Image Stabilizer.