• The transport guard must always be ﬁtted to the cutting
attachment when the machine is being transported or in
• Ensure the machine is cleaned and that a complete
service is carried out before long-term storage.
General working instructions
Basic safety rules
1 Look around you:
• To ensure that people, animals or other things cannot
affect your control of the machine.
• To ensure that people, animals, etc., do not come into
contact with the cutting attachment or loose objects that
are thrown out by the cutting attachment.
• CAUTION! Do not use the machine unless you are able to
call for help in the event of an accident.
2 Do not use the machine in bad weather, such as dense
fog, heavy rain, strong wind, intense cold, etc. Working in
bad weather is tiring and often brings added risks, such as
icy ground, unpredictable felling direction, etc.
3 Make sure you can move and stand safely. Check the area
around you for possible obstacles (roots, rocks, branches,
ditches, etc.) in case you have to move suddenly. Take
great care when working on sloping ground.
4 Switch off the engine before moving to another area. Fit
the transport guard before carrying or transporting the
equipment any distance.
5 Never put the machine down with the engine running
unless you have it in clear sight.
Basic working techniques
• Always slow the engine to idle speed after each working
operation. Long periods at full throttle without any load on
the engine can lead to serious engine damage.
Grass trimming using a trimmer head and
• Hold the trimmer head just above the ground at an angle.
It is the end of the cord that does the work. Let the cord
work at its own pace. Never press the cord into the area
to be cut.
• The cord can easily remove grass and weeds up against
walls, fences, trees and borders, however it can also
damage sensitive bark on trees and bushes, and damage
• Reduce the risk of damaging plants by shortening the
cord to 10-12 cm and reducing the engine speed.
• The clearing technique removes all unwanted vegetation.
Keep the trimmer head just above the ground and tilt it. Let
the end of the cord strike the ground around trees, posts,
statues and the like. CAUTION! This technique increases
the wear on the cord.
• The cord wears quicker and must be fed forward more
often when working against stones, brick, concrete, metal
fences, etc., than when coming into contact with trees and
• When trimming and clearing you should use less than full
throttle so that the cord lasts longer and to reduce the
wear on the trimmer head.
WARNING! Take care when handling fuel.
Bear in mind the risk of ﬁre, explosion and
This section describes the basic safety precautions for
working with clearing saws and trimmers.
If you encounter a situation where you are uncertain how to
proceed you should ask an expert. Contact your dealer or
your service workshop.
Avoid all usage which you consider to be beyond your
You must understand the difference between forestry
clearing, grass clearing and grass trimming before use.
WARNING! Sometimes branches or grass
get caught between the guard and cutting
attachment. Always stop the engine before