1. It is the responsibility of the owner to ensure
that all users of this treadmill are adequately
informed of all warnings and precautions.
2. Use the treadmill only as described.
3. Place the treadmill on a level surface, with at
least eight feet of clearance behind it and two
feet on each side. Do not place the treadmill
on any surface that blocks air openings. To
protect the floor or carpet from damage, placeamat under the treadmill.
4. Keep the treadmill indoors, away from mois
ture and dust. Do not put the treadmill in a
garage or covered patio, or near water.
5. Do not operate the treadmill where aerosol
products are used or where oxygen is being
6.Keep children under the age of 12 and pets
away from the treadmill at all times.
7. The treadmill should be used only by persons
weighing 300 pounds or less.
8. Never allow more than one person on the
treadmill at a time.
9.Wear appropriate exercise clothes when
using the treadmill. Do not wear loose clothes
that could become caught in the treadmill.
Athletic support clothes are recommended for
both men and women.
Always wear athletic
shoes. Never use the treadmill with bare feet,
wearing only stockings, or in sandals.
10. When connecting the power cord (see page
12), plug the power cord into a surge sup
pressor (not included) and plug the surge
suppressor into a grounded circuit capable of
carrying 15 or more amps. No other appliance
should be on the same circuit. Do not use an
extension cord. 11. Use only a singleoutlet surge suppressor
that meets all of the specifications described
on page 12. To purchase a surge suppressor,
see your local PROFORM dealer or call the
tollfree telephone number on the front cover
of this manual and order part number 146148,
or see your local electronics store.
12. Failure to use a properly functioning surge
suppressor could result in damage to the con
trol system of the treadmill. If the control sys
tem is damaged, the walking belt may change
speed, accelerate, or stop unexpectedly,
which may result in a fall and serious injury.
13. Keep the power cord and the surge suppres
sor away from heated surfaces.
14. Never move the walking belt while the power
is turned off. Do not operate the treadmill if
the power cord or plug is damaged, or if the
treadmill is not working properly. (See TROU
BLESHOOTING on page 22 if the treadmill is
not working properly.)
15. Read, understand, and test the emergency
stop procedure before using the treadmill (see
HOW TO TURN ON THE POWER on page 14).
16. Never start the treadmill while you are stand
ing on the walking belt. Always hold the
handrails while using the treadmill.
17. The treadmill is capable of high speeds.
Adjust the speed in small increments to avoid
sudden jumps in speed.
18. The pulse sensor is not a medical device.
Various factors, including the users move
ment, may affect the accuracy of heart rate
readings. The pulse sensor is intended only
as an exercise aid in determining heart rate
trends in general.
WARNING:To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock, or injury to persons, read the
following important precautions and information before operating the treadmill.