As a user on the AVM6 system, you have been assigned a mailbox number by your system administrator; the system
administrator is the person to contact if you have any questions about the operation of your system.
Access to AVM6 is simple: from inside the office, simply dial the extension number, which has been assigned for AVM6;
when outside the office, simply dial in on a regular seven-digit telephone number. Once you have reached AVM6, just
follow the instructions in the Accessing Your Mailbox section of this manual. There is certain information you will need to
access your messages, and in the interest of safekeeping, we recommend you write it below, and keep this manual in a safe
place. Please note that the default password for your mailbox is pound (#).
1. The Internal telephone number for AVM6 is ___________.
2. The External telephone number for AVM6 is __________.
3. My Mailbox number is ____________.
4. My Password is ______________.
5. The System Administrator is ______________
at extension _________.
When you access your mailbox for the first time, you will want to do the following:
1. Record a new personal greeting.
2. Enter your own password.
3. Record your name for the user directory.
Once you have done these three things, your mailbox will be up and ready to go.
Configuring Your Mailbox for the First Time
Below are instructions that will make it easy for you to set your mailbox up for the first time. Follow everything closely and
you wont have any problems at all. The first thing you should do after accessing your mailbox is set your password; after
that, you should record your greeting, and then record your name. Remember, if at any time you wish to back up to the
previous menu, all you have to do is press the star (*) key. If at any time you wish to exit, pressing three stars in a row (***)
will allow you to exit from AVM6. It is recommended that you read these instructions once through in their entirety before
commencing. If you have any difficulties, please contact your system administrator.
1. Dial the number assigned to AVM6. If you are inside the office this will typically be an extension number; from
outside the office, you will be dialing a regular seven-digit telephone number to connect to AVM6.
Note: If no private outside number has been assigned to AVM6, you may call the main office number and have the attendant
transfer you into the AVM6 system.
2. When AVM6 answers, press the star (*) key and enter your mailbox number.
3. Since you have not yet recorded your greeting, you will hear a prompt asking you to leave a message. Press the
pound (#) key the moment you hear the prompt.
4. You will then be prompted for your password. Once again, press the pound (#) key.
5. You will now be in the Main Menu of your mailbox. Press three (3).
6. When prompted to, enter your new password. It should be four digits long.