This manual explains how to use RM-Lite v1.0 Network Video Recording Software (hereafter referred to as “RM-Lite”).
Please read this manual before using the software. After reading the manual, keep it in a safe place for future reference.
In addition, please read the license agreement before using the software. The license agreement can be found in the
LICENSE folder on the setup CD-ROM.
Request to Customers
1. Canon owns the copyright of this manual. The unauthorized transfer of all or any part of the contents of this Manual is
2. The contents of this manual are subject to change without notice.
3. This document has been prepared with the utmost attention to accuracy. However, if you have any comments, please
contact the Customer Service Center indicated on the back cover.
4. Irrespective of items (2) and (3) above, Canon cannot bear responsibility for any effects resulting from operation.
5. When procedures that involve using the Control Panel are described in this manual, the operations are described as
shown in a standard Windows 7 environment.
Malfunction and failure of this software, or other factors may cause problems, such as recording failure, recorded data
corruption or data loss. Canon shall have no liability whatsoever for any loss or damages incurred by the user as a result of
such problems. Please use this software with this understanding.
For various types of information relating to support, including software updates (patch installer), User’s Manuals, operating
environment, etc., please see the Canon Web site.
Videos, images or sounds recorded with your camera may not be utilized or published, without the consent of the copyright
holders, if any, except in such a way as permitted for personal use under the relevant copyright law.
Canon and the Canon logo are registered trademarks of Canon Inc.
Microsoft, Windows, Windows Server, Windows Vista, Internet Explorer and Visual C++ are registered trademarks or
trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Windows is legally recognized as Microsoft Windows Operating System.
QuickTime is a trademark of Apple Inc.
Apache is a trademark of the Apache Software Foundation.
Pentium, Intel Core and Xeon are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States or other countries (or both).
NVIDIA and GeForce are registered trademarks or trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the United States and other
All other company or product names used in this manual are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective