Get Started 11
WiF Range Extender
The Power LED blinks.
2. Within two minutes, press the WPS button on your router or access point.
When the extender connects to your existing WiFi network, the WPS LED on\
extender lights solid green and the Router Link LED lights. If the Route\
r Link LED does
not light, try again. If it still does not light, see Connect With Web Browser Setup on
3. Unplug the extender and move it to a new location that is about halfway \
between your router
and the area with a poor router WiFi signal.
The location that you choose must be within the range of your existing W\
4. Plug the extender into an electrical outlet and wait for the Power LED t\
o light green.
If the Power LED does not light, press the Power On/Off button on the side of the
5. Use the Router Link LED
on the front panel to help you choose a spot where the
extender-to-router connection is optimal.
6. If the Router Link LED doesn’t light amber or green, plug the extende\
r into an outlet closer
to the router and try again.
Keep moving the extender to outlets closer to the router until the Route\
r Link LED lights
amber or green.
7. On your computer or WiFi device, find and connect to the new extended Wi\
The extender’s new WiFi network name is based on your existing WiFi network name, with _EXT at the end of the name.
• Existing W
iFi network name . MyNetworkName
• New extended network name. MyNetworkName_EXT
Use the same WiFi password that you use for your WiFi router.
est the extended WiFi range by moving your computer or WiFi device to th\
e area with a
poor router WiFi signal:
a. Leave your computer or WiFi device in the area with a poor router WiFi s\
return to the extender