• This feature may not be available depending on the region or service provider.
• Fingerprint recognition uses the unique characteristics of each fingerprint to
enhance the security of your device. The likelihood of the fingerprint sensor
confusing two different fingerprints is very low. However, in rare cases where
separate fingerprints are very similar the sensor may recognise them as identical.
• If you use your fingerprint as a screen lock method, your fingerprint cannot be
used to unlock the screen after restarting the device. You must unlock the device
using a pattern, PIN, or password you set when registering the fingerprint.
• If your fingerprint is not recognised, you must take the device to a Samsung
Service Centre to have it reset. Then, you must re-register your fingerprints.
For better fingerprint recognition
When you scan your fingerprints on the device, be aware of the following conditions that
may affect the feature’s performance:
• The Home key contains a fingerprint recognition sensor. Ensure that the Home key is not
scratched or damaged by metal objects, such as coins, keys, and necklaces.
• The screen protector supplied with the device may cause the fingerprint recognition
sensor to malfunction. Remove the screen protector to improve fingerprint sensitivity.
• Ensure that the fingerprint recognition area and your fingers are clean and dry.
• The device may not recognise fingerprints that are affected by wrinkles or scars.
• The device may not recognise fingerprints from small or thin fingers.
• If you bend your finger or use a fingertip, the device may not recognise your fingerprints.
Make sure to cover the entire Home key with your finger.
• To improve recognition performance, register fingerprints of the hand used most often to
perform tasks on the device.
• In dry environments, static electricity can build up in the device. Avoid using this feature
in dry environments or before using the feature, discharge static electricity by touching a