SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
When using your Compact Steam Press 1, the
following safety precautions should be followed.
1. Read all instructions.
2. Use Compact Steam Press 1 only for its intended
3. Before Plugging in the Compact Steam Press 1, be
sure the electrical information on the label on the base
agrees with your power supply.
4. To protect against risk of electric shock, do not
immerse the press in water or other liquids.
5. The Compact Steam Press 1 should always be
turned OFF before plugging into or unplugging from
electrical outlet. Never yank cord to disconnect from
outlet; instead, grasp plug and pull to disconnect.
6. Do not allow cord to touch hot surfaces. Loop cord
loosely and store in base of press. Let Compact
Steam Press 1 cool completely (at least 30 minutes)
before putting away.
7. Always disconnect press from electrical outlet when
filling with or emptying water. Be careful to avoid
spilling water over press when filling.
8. Always disconnect press from electrical outlet when
not in use.
9. Do not operate Compact Steam Press 1 with a
damaged cord or if the Press has been dropped or
damaged. To avoid the risk of electric shock do not
disassemble the Compact Steam Press 1; take it to an
authorized Singer Service Center for examination and
repair. Incorrect reassembly can cause risk of electric
10. Close supervision is necessary for any appliance
being used by or near children. Do not leave Compact
Steam Press 1 unattended while connected to power
11. When not in use, keep the Pressing Plate and
Ironing Board locked together with the Locking Knob.
12. To avoid a circuit overload, do not operate another
high wattage appliance on the same circuit.
13. If the extension cord is absolutely necessary, a 10
Ampere (for 220/240V appliances) or a 15 Ampere
(for 120V) cord should be used. Cord rated for less
amperage may overheat. Care should be taken to
arrange the cord so that it cannot be pulled or tripped
14. Accessible parts of housing will get warmer than
140 Degrees F (60 Degrees C).
15. It is important that this appliance be grounded
16. Burns can occur from touching hot metal parts,
hot water, or steam.
17. Pressing Plate is very hot. Always cool down the
Pressing Plate before changing the Pressing Plate
In areas with hard water, use distilled water when
possible to extend the life of your press. Do not use
perfumed products or products containing alcohol,
they will deteriorate your press. Do not use defrosted
water from the refrigerator.