Breville recommends safety first
At Breville we are very safety conscious. We design and manufacture consumer products
with the safety of you, our valued customer, foremost in mind. In addition we ask that you
exercise a degree of care when using any electrical appliance and adhere to the following
• Carefully read all instructions before operating the
Breville Pie Maker and save for future reference.
• Remove and safely discard any packaging material
and promotional labels before using the appliance for
the first time.
• To eliminate a choking hazard for young children,
remove and safely discard the protective cover fitted
to the power plug of this appliance.
• Do not place the appliance near the edge of a bench
or table during operation. Ensure the surface is level,
clean and free of water and other substances.
• Do not use the appliance on a sink drain board.
• Do not place the appliance on or near a hot gas or
electric burner, or where it could touch a heated
• Position the appliance at a minimum distance of
20cm away from walls, curtains, cloths and other heat
• Always operate the appliance on a stable and heat
resistant surface. Do not use on a cloth-covered
surface, near curtains or other flammable materials.
• Always ensure the appliance is properly assembled
before use. Follow the instructions provided in this
This appliance is not intended to be operated by
means of an external timer or separate remote control
• The lid and the outer surface will be hot when the
appliance is operating. Use the handles when lifting
and opening the top plate.
• The temperature of accessible surfaces will be high
when the appliance is operating and for some time
• Do not touch hot surfaces. Remove the hot pies with a
heat-proof plastic spatula or plastic tongs.
• Do not place anything on top of the appliance when
the lid is closed, when in use and when stored.
• Always switch the appliance off at the power outlet,
then unplug the power cord from the power outlet
and cool completely, if appliance is not in use, before
cleaning, before attempting to move the appliance, if
left unattended and before disassembling, assembling
and when storing the appliance.
• Be careful when eating hot pies, especially with fillings
such as cheese, tomato or jam, as these retain heat
and may burn if eaten too quickly.
• Keep the appliance clean. Follow the cleaning
instructions provided in this book.
IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS FOR YOUR BREVILLE PIE MAkER