When using electrical appliances, basic
safety precautions should be followed,
including the following:
1. Read all instructions before using.
2. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use
handles and knobs when available.
3. This appliance must be properly
installed and located in accordance
with these instructions before
it is used.
4. The use of accessory attachments
not recommended by the appliance
manufacturer may result in fire,
electrical shock, or injury to persons.
5. Do not place on or near a hot
gas or electric burner, or in a
6. Do not use outdoors.
7. To protect against fire, electric
shock, and injury do not immerse
cords, plugs, or the appliance in
water or any other liquid.
8. Do not fill the Water Reservoir
above the MAX FILL line.
9. Use only water in this appliance!
Do not put any other liquids or
foods in the Water Reservoir
except as instructed in the cleaning
instructions in this guide.
10. Turn off and unplug the brewer before cleaning or maintenance.
Allow to cool before putting on
or taking off parts and before
cleaning the appliance.
11. For best operation, plug the
appliance into its own electrical
outlet on a dedicated circuit to
prevent flickering of lights, blowing
of fuses, or tripping a circuit
12. Do not operate any appliance with
a damaged Power Cord or plug or
after the appliance malfunctions
or is damaged in any manner.
Contact Keurig Customer Service
to report any malfunction of or
damage to the brewer.
13. Do not let the Power Cord hang
over the edge of the table or
counter, or touch hot surfaces.
14. To disconnect, press the Power
Button on the brewer to “OFF”
status and then remove the plug
from the wall outlet.
15. Close supervision is necessary
when any appliance is used by or
16. Do not lift the brewer handle while
brewing is in progress.
1 7. Always keep the Water Reservoir
Lid on the Water Reservoir unless
you are refilling it.
18. This appliance is equipped with a
Power Cord having a grounding
wire with a grounding plug.
The appliance must be grounded
using a 3-hole properly grounded
outlet. In the event of an electrical
short circuit, grounding reduces
the risk of electrical shock.
19. If the outlet is a standard 2-prong
wall outlet, it is your personal
responsibility and obligation to
have it replaced with a properly
grounded 3-prong wall outlet.
20. Do not, under any circumstances,
cut or remove the third (ground)
prong from the Power Cord or use
21. Consult a qualified electrician if
the grounding instructions are not
completely understood, or
if doubt exists as to whether the
appliance is properly grounded.
22. Do not use the appliance for other
than its intended use.
23. Remove the shipping disk
before brewing. WARNING TO USERS
1. DO NOT permit children to use
the brewer unless there is adult
supervision. Brewer dispenses very
2. SPECIAL NOTICE FOR
HOT COCOA/OTHER USERS:
IMMEDIATELY AFTER USING
A HOT COCOA/OTHER POD,
RUN A HOT WATER BREW
CYCLE without a pod to avoid
the possibility of clogging the exit
needle. DO NOT assume the next
user will do this.
RISK OF FIRE OR
DO NOT OPEN
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT
REMOVE THE BOTTOM COVER. NO USER
SERVICEABLE PARTS ARE INSIDE. REPAIR SHOULD BE DONE BY AUTHORIZED SERVICE PERSONNEL ONLY.