Digital Security S ystem
Your cor dless phone uses a digital security syst em to protect against false
ringing, unauthorized access, and cha rges t o your phone line.
INST ALLATION NO TE: Some cor dless telephones operat e at frequencies that
may cause or r eceive interfer ence with nearby TVs, micr owave ov ens, and
V CRs. T o minimize or pr event such int erfer ence, the base of the cor dless
t elephone should not be placed near or on top of a T V, micr owave ov ens, or
V CR . If such int erfer ence continues, mov e the cordless telephone far ther away
fr om these appliances.
Cer tain other communications devices may also use the 1.9 GHz fr equency
for communication, and, if not pr operly set, these devices may int erfer e with
each other and/or y our new telephone. If y ou are concerned with int erfer ence,
please r efer to the owner ’s manual for these devices on how t o properly set
channels t o avoid int erfer ence. T ypical devices that may use the 1.9 GHz
fr equency for communication include wi reless audio/video sender s, wireless
comput er networks, multi-handset cor dless telephone syst ems, and some long-
range cor dless telephone sys tems.
Impor tant Installation Guidelines
• Av oid sour ces of noise and hea t, such as motor s, uorescent lighting, micr owave
ov ens, heating appliances and di rect sunligh t.
• Av oid ar eas of excessi ve dust , moistu re and low temperatur e.
• Av oid other co rdless telephones or pe rsonal computer s.
• Nev er install telephone wiring during a lightning storm.
• Nev er install telephone jacks in wet locations unless the jack is speci cally designed for
w et locations.
• Nev er touch non-insulated telephone wi res or terminals, unless the telephone line has
been disconnected at the net work inter face.
• Use caution when installing or modi fying telephone lines.